- New 8 week course coming this autumn: ‘Cultivating the Boundless Heart – the Brahma Viharas as a way of looking’, which will be led by Brigid Avison and Kathryn Tulip click here
- We will be inviting attendees to bring vegetarian or vegan packed lunches rather than bring and share for 2019 retreat days. click here
- This autumn Catherine McGee is offering an online course: Foundations of a Soulmaking Dharma Oct 20th -Dec 20th. Applications close September 24th, bursaries available click here
- Podcast interview with Yanai Postelnik talking about his involvement with Extinction Rebellion click here.
- Venerable Canda, based in Oxford, is offering Sutta discussion on Friday evenings which are open to all click here and for a podcast interview click here.
- To listen to the talk Venerable Canda gave at a previous retreat please click here
- Venerable Canda, who recently moved to Oxford and would appreciate any support from the wider community click here
- Recently some teachers from Gaia House and other dharma practitioners have been engaging in recent civil disobedience pressing for more action to be taken to curb climate change. Extinction Rebellion is a new grassroots initiative which included peaceful actions in London as well as other places in the UK click here.
- Sunday Sangha monthly social meetups for 2019 in Oxford click here
- Latest news about Gaia House’s Building Appeal click here
Oxford Insight Meditation (formerly known as Oxford Gaia House Meditation Retreats) offers a programme of silent day retreats led by teachers associated with Gaia House, a retreat centre in Devon which offers silent meditation retreats in the Buddhist tradition.
Our day retreats in Oxford offer an opportunity to explore both sitting and walking meditation practices in a supportive environment. All the retreats are suitable for adults, beginners as well as those with more experience of meditation practice. If you have any health concerns you may wish to check with your GP before attending.
ALL ARE WELCOME
We are committed to creating an inclusive retreat space. We welcome people irrespective of religious or political beliefs, ethnicity, class, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ability and culture.
Use the tabs above to see more information, including the Retreat Programme for 2019.
UPDATE: Online booking is now available for our retreats. Please see the section on Attending a retreat, or visit our online booking site. Please note that all future eventbrite booking pages will be in our new name – oxfordinsightmeditation.org
Registered Charity 1175855