- Venerable Canda, who will be leading a day for us in May 2019, is looking for a short-term let as a Bhikkhuni residence from January to mid-June 2019, and Oxford would be ideal, if you can help click here
- We will be inviting attendees to bring vegetarian or, better still, vegan packed lunches rather than bring and share for 2019 retreat days. click here
- Mindfulness and Race, A Day for People of Colour/BAME with Salma Darling of Brighton Insight Meditation click here
- Latest news about Gaia House’s Building Appeal click here
- Dhamma Talk by Ajahn Brahm ‘The Happiness of Peace’ 7th December 2018 click here
- Sunday Sangha monthly social meetups for 2018 in Oxford click here
Oxford Insight Meditation (formerly known as Oxford Gaia House Meditation Retreats) offers a programme of silent day retreats led by teachers associated with Gaia House, a retreat centre in Devon which offers silent meditation retreats in the Buddhist tradition.
Our day retreats in Oxford offer an opportunity to explore both sitting and walking meditation practices in a supportive environment. All the retreats are suitable for adults, beginners as well as those with more experience of meditation practice. If you have any health concerns you may wish to check with your GP before attending.
ALL ARE WELCOME
We are committed to creating an inclusive retreat space. We welcome people irrespective of religious or political beliefs, ethnicity, class, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ability and culture.
Use the tabs above to see more information, including the Retreat Programme for 2018/2019.
UPDATE: Online booking is now available for our retreats. Please see the section on Attending a retreat, or visit our online booking site. Please note that all future eventbrite booking pages will be in our new name – oxfordinsightmeditation.org
Registered Charity 1175855