Due to Coronovirus all our retreats will now take place online via Zoom for the foreseeable future – and likely to continue for the rest of 2020. These will be free of charge but we request that you support our teachers by offering dana. If you would like to attend these retreats please subscribe to our email newsletter and you will be sent the required Zoom link and password for all our forthcoming retreat days. For more information about our online teachings click here. For other retreats both local and further afield please click here.
- In addition to our day retreats, we are offering a unique opportunity to hear Lama Rod Owens talking about his new book ‘Love and Rage: The Path of Liberation through Anger’ with London-based facilitator and activist Mama D Ujuaje on Friday 24th July 7-9pm UK time, online via Zoom, click here.
- The next online Zoom retreat day will be in August 2020 with Anushka Fernadopulle – we are still awaiting confirmation of the exact day and time. Please subscribe to our email address for further information.
- The Monday Sitting group is still meeting via Zoom every Monday evening, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for regular updates and for the Zoom link. For more information about this sitting group please click here.
- Podcast interview with Yanai Postelnik talking about his involvement with Extinction Rebellion click here.
- Venerable Canda, based in Oxford, is offering Sutta discussion on occasional Saturdays which are open to all click here and for a podcast interview click here.
- To listen to the talk Venerable Canda gave at a previous retreat please click here
- Recently some teachers from Gaia House and other dharma practitioners have been engaging in recent civil disobedience pressing for more action to be taken to curb climate change. Extinction Rebellion is a new grassroots initiative which included peaceful actions in London as well as other places in the UK click here.
- Sunday Sangha monthly social meetups in Oxford click here
- Latest news about Gaia House’s Building Appeal click here
Oxford Insight Meditation (formerly known as Oxford Gaia House Meditation Retreats) offers a programme of silent day retreats led by teachers associated with Gaia House, a retreat centre in Devon which offers silent meditation retreats in the Buddhist tradition.
Our day retreats in Oxford offer an opportunity to explore both sitting and walking meditation practices in a supportive environment. All the retreats are suitable for adults, beginners as well as those with more experience of meditation practice. If you have any health concerns you may wish to check with your GP before attending.
ALL ARE WELCOME
We are committed to creating an inclusive retreat space. We welcome people irrespective of religious or political beliefs, ethnicity, class, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ability and culture.
Use the tabs above to see more information, including the Retreat Programme .
UPDATE: Online booking is now available for our retreats. Please see the section on Attending a retreat, or visit our online booking site. Please note that all future eventbrite booking pages will be in our new name – oxfordinsightmeditation.org
Registered Charity 1175855