click here.Due to Covid-19 our retreats and events will now take place online via Zoom until early 2021. For more information about our upcoming online day retreats please go click here. For information on other online retreats both local and further afield please click here.
- Kirsten Kratz will be offering teachings for our online day retreat on the 19th September 2020, for information on this and how to book please click here.
- SanghaSeva are also organising an online day on the 19th September called ‘Sacred Places, a day of practice and wholesome action in your location and online’. If you are interested in this please contact the organisation directly via their website click here.
- The Monday Sitting group is still meeting via Zoom every Monday evening, please email email@example.com for regular updates and for the Zoom link. For more information about this sitting group please click here.
- Podcast interview with Yanai Postelnik talking about his involvement with Extinction Rebellion click here.
- Venerable Canda, based in Oxford, is offering Sutta discussion on occasional Saturdays which are open to all click here and for a podcast interview click here.
- To listen to the talk Venerable Canda gave at a previous retreat please click here
- Recently some teachers from Gaia House and other dharma practitioners have been engaging in recent civil disobedience pressing for more action to be taken to curb climate change. Extinction Rebellion is a new grassroots initiative which included peaceful actions in London as well as other places in the UK click here.
- Sunday Sangha monthly social meetups in Oxford click here
- Latest news about Gaia House’s Building Appeal click here
Oxford Insight Meditation (formerly known as Oxford Gaia House Meditation Retreats) offers a programme of silent day retreats led by teachers associated with Gaia House, a retreat centre in Devon which offers silent meditation retreats in the Buddhist tradition.
Our day retreats in Oxford offer an opportunity to explore both sitting and walking meditation practices in a supportive environment. All the retreats are suitable for adults, beginners as well as those with more experience of meditation practice. If you have any health concerns you may wish to check with your GP before attending.
ALL ARE WELCOME
We are committed to creating an inclusive retreat space. We welcome people irrespective of religious or political beliefs, ethnicity, class, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ability and culture.
Use the tabs above to see more information, including the Retreat Programme .
UPDATE: Online booking is now available for our retreats. Please see the section on Attending a retreat, or visit our online booking site. Please note that all future eventbrite booking pages will be in our new name – oxfordinsightmeditation.org
Registered Charity 1175855